Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Date to Excel file - which having 2 sheets

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team, 

I am unable to save the the excel file having more then one sheet with the date.

Ex : I need to generate the excel output name as todayDate+file Name.
Note : My excel output consist 2 sheets.
and  i need to circulate this file using email tool.

I am able to save the file name with the date only if file having one sheet - something missing when i creates the 2 sheets.

if possible, could you please explain me the process for this solution, Thanks.

Jaganmohan_0-1679076702674.png

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jaganmohan Attaching a sample workflow for your reference, this workflow creates two sheets and save the files with the specific format

binuacs_0-1679080173987.png

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your response.

Agreed, but my two sheets having different data and different fields (No Common City Parameter in both the sheets), Thanks.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Jaganmohan in that case create separate file path variable with same output file name but different sheet names

binuacs_0-1679095367780.png

Jaganmohan
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot - Accept as a solution.

JBevan89
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot binuacs - as your solution helped me a lot and solve my problem of putting a date on a file name that has four sheets.  I wanted hypens in the date, so I used '%Y-%m-%d'.  Unfortunately I won't share my solution because it contains sensitive company info.  I do have a minor problem - in that the first sheet of the four does not appear unless I copy it in.  And on the 'Data Preview' of the formula tool it shows nothing, unlike the other three.  But this is not a big problem, and I will try to google to resolve.

Labels