Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Adding Date as Header

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Guys,

I would like to ask for your assistance on how I am going to add the date as part of the header. See sample below:

Raw Data

Raw.PNG

Results

results.PNG

Hoping for your help on this.

Thanks,

Kamen

19 REPLIES 19
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

You can use the Dynamic Rename tool for this. Set it as formula, select the column to rename and then use the field name + whatever you want the date to be.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Thanks @cjaneczko . However can you please provide me a sample workflow that will allow the report to be updated everytime the date changes. This is a daily report and date need to be updated. Others are also welcome to provide me solution. I have been thinking this overnight and I have not been able to produce a solution. Sample results with date updated are as follows.

xxxx.PNG

Looking forward for your response on this inquiries.

Kamen 

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KamenRider 

Something like the following is what @cjaneczko explained. This is set to find final price as today (as of run time) and old price as yesterday. You could also wrap it in a DateTimeFormat if you need it to be in a specific string format.

image.png

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Is it always Todays Date, and yesterdays date? Or is there a date field in your report to query on? I believe @JamesCharnley has the results for Current date and yesterdays date. If its more complex we'd need to see more information.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @cjaneczko @JamesCharnley 

The date is provided in the field. The date came from the filename of the file by which I have extracted.

date.PNG

 for the previous date, i use a formula deducting 1 day. Everyday the date is being updated and I would like it updating the header with date.

I hope anyone of you have a solution to my problem.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you.

Kamen

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

This should work based on your sample data set.

image.pngimage.png

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

HI @cjaneczko  @JamesCharnley 

I am trying to replicate your solution however, I am encountering this kind of error. Please advise what went wrong.

ERROR.PNG

 Please advise

Kamen

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Its 'Today's Final Price'. You cant mix apostrophes as it thinks what's in quotes is 'Today'. if you have a String with an apostrophe in it, use Double Quotes. Change the first line to this:

IF [Name] = "Today's Final Price"
KamenRider
10 - Fireball

@cjaneczko  @JamesCharnley 

I have another problem. the date did not populate in the prior final price. The formula seems to be correct.

did not populate.PNG

formula.PNG

Please advise

Kamen

Labels