Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add date to filename using Render but already using Group By to generate Excel tab names

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I've seen some posts to rename a filename to include a date by using the Group By functionality in the Table tool.  Unfortunately I need to use the Group By functionality to break out the file into separate tabs in Excel.  Is there another way to both use the Group By functionality in the Table tool to break my data out into separate tabs within Excel and to rename the filename with today's date?  I was able to figure out how to break out my data by a field but can't for the life of me figure out how to rename the filename with today's date.  

This is the data:  

Pic 1.jpg

I was able to render the data by breaking out the data by the "Aging Bucket" field into separate tabs within an Excel File.  However, I need to have the filename changed from "Aging Report" to "Aging Report - 12/18/20".  12/18/20 would be Today's Date and would be dynamically changed whenever I Run the workflow.   

Pic 2.jpg

I've attached my sample workflow.  Thanks!  

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@ELPC 
It seems that its possible to do this in Render tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Solution-for-Render-tool-to-excel-inboundPip...

Would you accept the normal excel output?

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the response but unfortunately I am trying to use the Render tool so that the column widths don't get collapsed so they show # signs and have to be manually expanded.  I would really like a solution using Render.  Thanks. 

Hi @ELPC 

Please check the attached. Hope it helps. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1608572744850.png

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much @christine_assaad !  That worked.  

Labels