Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Add data from table A to every data in table B

ejin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all, 

I'm new to Alteryx, and I am trying to combine the attached Alteryx Input A table with the Alteryx Input B table. I've included a Desired Output Example for reference. Basically, I want to insert the "Capital Account Code" and "Percentage" from Alteryx Input A table to every "ItemCode" and every "Period" in Alteryx Input B table. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
bpatel
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @ejin ,

you can use the append fields tool to get the desired result. 

bpatel_0-1575562726425.png

i hope this helps!

caschecter
6 - Meteoroid

Patel is correct in that the "append fields" tool would solve your issue. However, after looking at your data, it is a bit more complex. For one, there are some "Null" rows in Table B that will affect the number of "junk" rows that will be created. Also, your Table A has rows that are both for fund DK_GROUP and MHDM. A simple solution attached would be to Filter on each one and do them separately.

Most notably, you will want (you don't have to  for your small test set) to set the "Warn/Error on Too Many records being Generated" flag on the "Append Fields" tool to Allow all appends, as your Table B may grow to more than 16 records.

Also, make sure to adjust the File location in your input tools.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @ejin,

I believe this is what you're aiming to achieve:

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I'm not convinced the append field tool would work @caschecter and @bpatel as there are multiple tabs in @ejin's workbook, therefore you need to use a dynamic input tool to bring in all sheets of input B and join on "fund" field from input B and input A which creates a new row for each record in input A. Finally outputting using "take file / table name from field" as an excel file to output data back into its individual sheets.

Hope that makes sense!

Regards,

Jonathan

ejin
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your help. This is exactly what I need.

ejin
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help.

ejin
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help!

Labels