Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adaptable column headers for changing dates.

JaimeB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi there again!

I need your help (again) with an issue that I'm facing. Every week I need to generate a new report of the utilization of internal resources, hence every week I need to download new raw data for this purpose. The data headers, which shows the monthly "utilized time" and the "utilization denominator" for the upcoming two months, changes every week that I generate the report, as it takes the next month values but always from the first day of the current week. Therefore, my headers always differ from week to week. Find here an example for this week:

JaimeB_0-1679988109161.png

How can I play around with the headers so I don't get an error, week after week, because the Alteryx Flow isn't finding the columns as they have changed of name? Is there any way to dynamically select the columns by their order as it never change?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

If the column order is always the same, it's probably easiest to set up a new text input with the column headers you want to use, then union the new data to that by position.

Christina_H_0-1679993502685.png

Christina_H_2-1679993639816.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels