Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

APP with a Check Button

neromerob
10 - Fireball

Hello.

I´m working in my fist Alteryx APP, this one need just one check Button.

check_box.jpg

What I want is the following, if the user doesn’t click in the check box the app should not work, even if he/she press finish, and also, I don’t know exactly the configuration that I must use in the formula option in order to do just that.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

I think in this case, you'd just want to use the error message tool. The example built into Alteryx is a check for exactly this purpose i.e. checking whether or not a check box has been ticked:

DataNath_0-1654008521014.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @neromerob,

You can also just use the check box to enable or disable a container. If you disable the container with the tick box nothing will run.

IraWatt_0-1654008832232.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

Akash__on
8 - Asteroid

@neromerob you can use the container and the action tool with the tick box as also explained by @IraWatt. That way you will achieve the desired results.

Regards,

Aakash

neromerob
10 - Fireball

@IraWatt 

Hello, it actually works...kind of, I mean if i check the button, nothing happens and the should be the other way around. Any sugestions on how to fix it? 

get_report.jpg

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @neromerob its a bit silly that its the wrong way round but you can do this:

IraWatt_0-1654013961903.png

IF ![#1] THEN 'True' ELSE 'False' ENDIF
Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels