Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

1 record per interation

zmerino
6 - Meteoroid

I need to access these urls through Download Tools,

but when I send them, I'm given data with commas,
I imagine that you need a loop or a tool that performs the execution of 1 url per iteration.
if they could help me it would be great, this causes me a problem because I have to extract more than 500 URLs.

DT.jpg

DT2.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @zmerino! Sounds to me like you could use a batch macro here. It would process one URL through at a time and do all of your other data manipulation within the macro for each URL then output the results of everything. 

Here is a link to learn more about batch macros.

zmerino
6 - Meteoroid

I also believe the same, I was looking for information about this, but it is not very clear how to it

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@zmerino Try reading through that article I mentioned in my last post. Also search batch macro on the community. This will give you lots of resources to help you learn about these. I created a very quick, simple batch macro that you could modify. You will need two inputs, the URL's and a record id. Basically, it will filter based on the record id and do all of the processing for that one row. Then it will filter on the next record id and do the same until it has gone through all of the record id's. Note, here the record id field is a string. Hope this helps!

danrh
13 - Pulsar

I might be off-base here, but the commas look like they're appearing because of your Cross Tab tool.  I assume the Method of Aggregating Values you have selected is "Concatenate" with a comma Separator - you might want to look into changing that to "First" (if all the values are the same, which it looks like they are) or experimenting with the "Group Data by these Values" selection.

If this doesn't help, post some sample data.

zmerino
6 - Meteoroid

it's not the problem, since when sending only one url the data appears correct.

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@zmerino

In your cross tab tool, try checking the URL field you’re using in the Download tool as a Group By field.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@Kenda 

Hi.  I have a similar use case.  I need to process one url through my workflow at a time.  If I don't, the target page returns a 404.  Any ways,  I took your macro and added 3 urls from my input data.  But, it only processes the first url.  How do you get it to move on to the second url (record id #2, 3, 5....)?

Thanks

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@hellyars Did you select the RecordID as the batch field in the drop down when using the macro? If you did and are still having trouble, I would suggest starting a new post with your question and attaching a sample workflow so we can test it out to figure out what's going wrong.

aveloudi
7 - Meteor

@hellyars hey!

Did you ever create a new post or found a solution?

I have the exact same problem, I seem to be stuck in the first iteration and it won't move on the next ones.

Thank you!

Labels