Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

Getting started in Connect

labradley
6 - Meteoroid

This is a very basic question, but i'm a bit overwhelmed by it all.  

Our company is just getting started with Connect.  I'm entering descriptions in my first 2 tables and the column that says Type is numeric - clearly some are int, date vs string, and i could probably figure that out from the name of the fields, but is there a way to have a description rather than a number?  Is this a setting in Admin or ?

I'm also having issues getting the lineage to flow thru, but i see that's a common occurance, so i'll tackle that tomorrow.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Sorry, when you say that the column that says type is numeric, what are you referring to?

Type should be read in from the Connect Metaloader as it's dictated by the DB itself. 

Or are you manually creating the table?

labradley
6 - Meteoroid

I am referring to this column (see pic attached)

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @labradley ,

this field is coming from database metadata loader. Seems MSSQL in your case, looking into bugfix report this was known bug in 2019.2 release, fixed in 2019.3 release so upgrading to 2019.3 & re-running the loader should fix your problems.

Ondrej

Connect Team

labradley
6 - Meteoroid

Fantastic - our admin just left, so I'm taking over and the upgrade is my list of to do's.

Thanks!

Landys Bradley

labradley
6 - Meteoroid

it took a little learning, but i upgraded Connect to 19.3 and just reloaded, but my types are still numbers.  Any other suggestions?

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @labradley , have you upgraded both Connect and also Connect Loaders to 19.3? I have checked and the fix should be there.

If you did correct upgrade pls contact Customer support and they will be able to check the problem on call with you.

thank you,

Ondrej