Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.
SOLVED

Error when loading Tableau - Parse error

RuttanB
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

Just trying to get all my environments up and running with Alteryx Connect.

parse error.png

I am getting an error with the Tableau Loader. I can go and find the formula tool and remove this field and then it works, however, I can't help feeling that I may be missing something. Is there something which should be added to the Tableau server?

thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RuttanB ,

this was already reported by other customerand it's due changed API which will contain a description of the workbook (if available).

It is fixed by now in upcoming release. You can find attached fixed loader here.

Ondrej

Connect Team

RuttanB
6 - Meteoroid

Hiya, thanks for that. Have loaded the new loader, put in new credentials, and now get a different error 

outxml.png

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @RuttanB ,

seems you are downloading empty site (without datasources). This has been fixed as well. Sending the latest version with all the fixes here.

thx,

Ondrej

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @RuttanB , did it helped with your problem? Are you able to load Tableau to Connect now?

thx,

Ondrej

Connect Team

michaelwang15
5 - Atom

I am experiencing this same issue, have tried loading via the quick deployment loader within Alteryx Connect and the manual loaders. I have used the fixed Tableau loader before and loaded metadata successfully. Is there an updated Tableau metadata loader for 2019.1.6 that I can try?

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @michaelwang15 ,

you should be able to use Tableau metadata loader 2019.2 or 2019.3 (of course it's good to go with upgrades both Connect and the loader to the latest version available which is 2019.3 now).

Ondrej