Alteryx Connect Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Connect.

Dropdown Custom Field - Values Order

sglynn14
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Community,

I've observed while creating a custom field in Alteryx Connect, that the order of the values in the Dropdown Values section is being shuffled.  

I'd like the values to be listed in a particular order, but Connect isn't cooperating.  In this case I just want them listed alphabetically (but in future cases I may want them to be more custom). 

I have tried both methods of having the values on separate lines as well as separated by semicolons. This made no difference. 

I then tried prefixes to trick Connect to list them in order but no luck.  For example it does not list the values in alphabetical or numerical order.  Here are results Connect listed as I tried different workarounds.  For this example I simply wanted them in alphabetical order.  As you can see there is no consistency.  What was consistent was if I a tried to Result 1 more than once, Connect ordered them the same way each time.  Same thing for the other results. Meaning it wasn't shuffling them randomly every time I hit Save.  So I guess Connect has a pattern it is looking for, I'm just not sure what. 

Result 1 - No workaround, just listed them alphabetically

Approved

Not-Approved

Being_Reviewed

Processing

Results 2 - A, B, C, D prefix

d ) Being_Reviewed

a ) Not-Approved

c ) Processing

b ) Approved

Result 3 - 1., 2. 3., 4. prefix

3. Processing

1. Not-Approved

2. Being_Reviewed

4. Approved

Does anyone know how to get the values to be listed in an order of my choice? 

Screenshot 2023-07-18 125125.png

2 REPLIES 2
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@sglynn14 

As you hold a valid license, please also open a case with Customer Support if you have not already.  I hope that other members of the Community will have helpful suggestions as well.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @sglynn14 

You are talking about Alteryx Connect, while my solution is based on Alteryx Designer, I hope it helps you

This the workflow of my solution:

DDL-Custom-Order-01.png

and its User Interface

DDL-Custom-Order-02.png

Arnaldo