Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Weekly Scheduling Bug

nickdreach
9 - Comet

(edit link posted below - looks like a known problem)

I have a workflow that would like to run each Monday only.  So via the Gallery I create a schedule, select Recurring, then 'Weekly' from the Frequency drop down.  I add some notes, give it a name, specify a time etc then Save.  However, what actually happens is that the workflow runs every single day of the week.  If I edit the schedule, sure enough all seven days of the week are selected.  I can unselect the days I don't want, Save, but if I edit it again - they are all selected.

I know I can use a Macro to control when the workflows actually run, but if possible I would like the scheduler to do its job 😀

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/GCSE-1077-Editing-a-Schedule-Changes-...

5 REPLIES 5
nickdreach
9 - Comet

The 'known issue' article I linked to states:
'GCSE-1077/TCPE-553 has been logged to address this.'

I am quite new to Alteryx - how do you find out the progress of GCSE-1077/TCPE-553?

nickdreach
9 - Comet

Bump:

How do you find out the status of a ticket that has been raised to fix a known bug - GCSE-1077/TCPE-553 in my case?

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @nickdreach ,

With situations like this - I've found that the best way to work them is to capture them in a way that is fully replicatable - and then ship this off to support@alteryx.com - they will then give you a case number which would better allow you to track (especially if you're with a large client of Alteryx, and can work with your customer success manager to see progress in the case portal).

nickdreach
9 - Comet

Thanks Sean , Alteryx Support confirmed the bug is fixed in 2023.1 

Sadly the release notes don't reference 'GCSE-1077/TCPE-553' otherwise I could have found this out for myself!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You make a great point @nickdreach - including all bugs solved in release notes is a very practical suggestion.

Give yourself a solve for this one, since genuinely you did find the solution!

Have a good weekend

S

Labels