Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Download an excel file from hyperlink in email body and save file to SharePoint.

RajkumarVijayan
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I have a use case: 

is there a way to automate daily download of an excel file from a hyperlink, in the body of an outlook email, which I receive from my provider daily and save it to SharePoint folder.?

Best regards,

Raj

@LordNeilLord @alexnajm could you help? 

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I might look at UI Path or an RPA tool to do this as I don't think this is possible in the Outlook tool - hopefully you have one of these available, and then you can use that tool in Alteryx: UiPath (alteryx.com)

rfoster7
9 - Comet

Is it sharepoint or sharepoint online? If its sharepoint online, your better option is power automate which you should already have. You can build a power automate flow that does exactly what you are describing. 

If you are wanting to do this in Alteryx, you need the Outlook input tool the Sharepoint files output tool and a wealth of connectivity issues/questions to go through. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Good point @rfoster7 - Power Automate could work!

From my brief testing, the Outlook Input tool will not recognize hyperlinks underneath text - it just reads in the text value :(

Labels