Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

SharePoint Output Error request_handler() missing 1 required positional argument: 'url'

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

Greetings, 

Using SharePoint Output 2.4.2 to publish to a SharePoint list. 

Experiencing two issues:

1.- It took the workflow over an hour to run,

2.- Getting error message Error: SharePoint Output (71): request_handler() missing 1 required positional argument: 'url'

When I run the same workflow to publish to an excel sheet in Sharepoint it runs in under a minute. 

The list was created I can see the headers in SharePoint, I have the action to overwrite, and none of the data flowed, its not a lot of data about 9k records. 

Any suggestions? recommendations greatly appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are there any special characters in the list that is selected? It seems like the tool isn't properly reading the list URL as an argument and it makes me wonder if something is throwing off the way that the information is parsed. You could test this theory by writing to a new list you create without special characters.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

fyi the usual culprits could be `'{}"[];'<> 

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

The original list was called BOM Active, it was created but no records written to it. So followed your instructions and attempted a new list is called BOMlist there are no special characters and same result.

BAvitia23
8 - Asteroid

In the URL, the List name or in the results that are being loaded?

There are no special characters in the URL, nor the list name (BOMList), however the data are part numbers and they do have special characters in the name/description, is that causing the issue?

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I would recommend opening a support case to dive deeper into this one as whatever is happening is interfering with the access to an endpoint. In theory special characters shouldn't be interfering, I was just guessing what could result in an endpoint not properly being parsed outside of a tool installation issue.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage 

Labels