London, UK

Welcome to the London User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

Support for a new Idea?

TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Hey all,

I am trying to garner a bit of support for a new idea I posted - if you agree of course! I think it's time Alteryx had the ability to collaboratively work on workflows and be actively version-controlled. This will make it more enterprise-ready and allow for more DevOps style development. 

The idea is here - please like if you agree it's a needed capability: Collaborative workflow editing, tracking and versi... - Alteryx Community

Many thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
steven4320555
8 - Asteroid

Good idea! I will give it a vote.

(Btw, I have been looking at Replace workflow, which attempt to help with collaboration and version control. Don't know how effective can it be. Replace a Workflow | Alteryx Help )

TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Thanks for highlighting @steven4320555 - I think the concept you highlight is close to what we're after, right? My sense is that it would be good to have some sort of "Auto-save" feature that updates the workflow with a "history" of what was done to it, so you can roll back to a particular part of the workflow. Easier said than done of course, but I feel like the current version tracking still feels quite manual.