Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Healthcare

Panel Discussion About Using Alteryx to Combat the Opioid Epidemic

NPT
8 - Asteroid

Hi there User Group,

We are seeking community members who would be interested in being panel members on a discussion about how they are using Alteryx to combat the opioid epidemic.  We also welcome anyone using Alteryx in other areas such as mental and behavioral health or substance abuse topics outside opioid addiction.

All the best,

~ Nathan

4 REPLIES 4
AliKat
8 - Asteroid
Yes I can. Although, I was already a presenter in the first user group... is that too much?

Alexandra Mannerings, PhD
Health Care Research Analyst
Colorado Hospital Association
7335 East Orchard Road
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Direct: 720.330.6060
Fax: 720.489.9400
www.cha.com
AliKat
8 - Asteroid

So I've been using Alteryx to do some pretty hefty data cleaning and crunching for an Opioid Reduction pilot in 9 of our EDs here in Colorado. The facilities are sending me medication administrations for all opioids and ALTOs used in their EDs. I'm standardizing the medications, calculating Morphine Equivalent Units (for the opioids) and matching visits to our claims dataset so I can add in diagnosis, age and sex information for analysis. I'm also preparing data extracts that I load into Power BI so the facilities can log in and explore their own data. 

NPT
8 - Asteroid

Hi @AliKat (Alexandra),

That's an awesome use of Alteryx (and PowerBI)!  Would you be willing to participate in a brief panel discussion at a future online User Group session?  We would keep it short, likely 20-30 minutes.  We're putting getting some questions now that would guide the discussion.

~ Nathan

NPT
8 - Asteroid

I think it is totally fine.  

Let's see if we can get at least one more person to participate.  Ideally, I'd like to have three people on the panel.

~ Nathan