Healthcare

AHRQ v2018 Alteryx Modules from Discharge Data

kuljisd
7 - Meteor

Hello All!

My name is Dominick Kuljis, a healthcare research data analyst at Colorado Hospital Association! Our organization is a part of the HIIN (Hospital Improvement Innovation Network) and a couple of their measures (Falls, Sepsis, VTE) use the AHRQ v2018 definitions which pulls from our discharge data using ICD 10 Diagnosis and Procedure Codes. On the AHRQ website they have SAS modules for each of these measures and was wondering if we could do something similar with Alteryx?

I have created a couple workflows for some of the AHRQ measures (Thank you AliKat for the springboard!) and was wondering if others have already created these AHRQ v2018 data pulls or not. I would be happy to share my Alteryx modules to anyone who is using these AHRQ definitions! :D 

Dom 

10 REPLIES 10
Nicole_L
8 - Asteroid

Hi,  We downloaded the AHRQ WINQI software and it works great.  We wrote the data set to their specs and it produced the results which we were able to verify against another software solution that we are getting rid of.  Also, we created indicators with HCUP dx groupings.  We would love to present this at the next healthcare user group meeting.  Look for @healthtug on Twitter for the Tableau Healthcare User Group.  Maybe we can do a combo meeting.  Nicole Lohr