Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Passed my Advanced Certification, and now what?

mariagc
7 - Meteor

I happy to announce that  I have finally passed my the Alteryx Designer Advanced exam. I reckon it was quite challenging and time consuming but all the effort and the time spent have finally paid off!!

I am amazed by the power of this tool and I am interested in carry on learning and become more and more expert on the tool. So I was wondering... which are the next steps now? Having passed this exam doesn't mean the end of the learning path, I am sure there are a lot of choices/opportunities to carry on learning about this tool. 

I am seeking for advice, what should i do know? what should I focuse now in order to improve my Alteryx skills?

Any ideas/suggestions will be much appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Congrats @mariagc !!!

Well there is still the Expert Certification..

screenshot.PNG

In addition, the weekly challenges are fun:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/bd-p/weeklychallenge

You can also help your peers here in the community and of course:

Apply your Alteryx knowledge in practise to solve your daily data challenges 🙂

Best regards

Phil 

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Congratulations on the certification!

I will agree with @PhilippK the weekly challenges is your next step 🙂 

I have used them to prepare for the Advanced certification that you have passed.

This is the index of all of them and you can pick that look interesting: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275

Good luck!

mchatrvd
7 - Meteor

Congrats on passing the exam. I need some advise for Advanced exam. I am looking at the interactive videos and they don't seem to cover all the topics listed in Prep Guide. Did you went through all the topics that were listed on Prep Guide? Also, if you can share how did you prepare and what all material you accessed to prepare for the Advanced Exam? Thanks in advance.

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mchatrvd,

I would suggest doing some weekly challenges for spatial lessons. If I remember correctly there are some macro exercises as well so it will be good to take a look at them as well. 

A good option is also taking an exam and actually see what you need to learn and then do some weekly challenges in this area. They are super fun and can teach you a lot of materials in no time. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275

Good luck!

mariagc
7 - Meteor

Hi @mchatrvd! I did followed the Prep Guide and also watched several times the videos and interactive lessons. I would suggest that you also practice with the weekly challenges since you can learn loads from that. Any question that may arise, I suggest you to go to the forum, many people post a lot of questions, and you can also ask in the forum, someone will reply to you. I must confess I didn't pass on my first attempt, I had to go trough it like five times to pass, so don't stop trying, you will eventually get there! 🙂

vasumurugan5459
7 - Meteor

Hi Congratulation!!

Please share your Alteryx certificate journey, It will be a big motivation for the new peers like me who are more aspiration towards data analytics.

Thank you.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@mariagc 

Congrats! The Expert exam is now available online. As everyone mentioned, working through the Weekly Challenges will help make sure you can work through anything we can throw at you!

Good Luck

DanM

Labels