Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.

Unable to connect to Alteryx Gallary through Python API.

rsamineni
6 - Meteoroid

I’m trying to connect to Alteryx Gallery using the Alteryx API through python programming.

But it always failed to connect and return the error “'message': 'The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid.'”.

I double check the API key and secret, and I was able to connect to the Gallery interactively with same key and secret “https://gallery.alteryx.com/api-docs/”. 

C:\Users\Employee\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe C:/Users/Employee/PycharmProjects/tmp/AlteryxGalleryAPI/AlteryxGalleryAPI/apiTestVersion2.py

b'cUR1GLrvC6TXsnNHEongxK34Qlc='

cUR1GLrvC6TXsnNHEongxK34Qlc%3D

{"data":null,"exceptionName":"UnauthorizedException","innerExceptionMessage":"","message":"The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid."}

(<Response [401]>, {'data': None, 'exceptionName': 'UnauthorizedException', 'innerExceptionMessage': '', 'message': 'The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid.'})

Please help me to get this resolved.

1 REPLY 1
PetrT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rsamineni , how do you exactly call the API and how do exactly sign your requests? Sharing your code could help.