Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Dev Space

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Python Tool Challenge | BUILD a Python tool and win a prize!

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Python Tool Challenge

With the release of Alteryx Designer 2018.2, the Python SDK has finally shed its Beta flag!

grown_up.png

Now it's time to celebrate!

To enter the contest:

1. Create a Python tool (like Nick did) and package it as a YXI file.
  2. Reply to this thread with a description of your tool. Don't forget to link to or attach your YXI.
  3. Get stars! Threaten, bribe, or maybe just tweet. Whoever gets the most stars by July 31st wins!

You'll have to make a decision: keep working on your tool closer to the deadline to make it as perfect as possible, or submit it early so you have time to socialize your post to get as many stars as possible?

Grand prize hotnessGrand prize hotness

☝️☝️☝️ The winner will receive a custom WASD mechanical keyboard 🌋🌋🌋

👇👇👇 All entrants will be rewarded with the Python Contest badge 🔥🔥🔥

Participation trophy (Community badge)Participation trophy (Community badge)

Remember to make sure you've upgraded to 2018.2.

Subscribe to this thread or check back here (pythoncontest.alteryx.com) to vote as new tools are submitted!

35 REPLIES 35
OperaNole
5 - Atom
Sorry Neil, I was out of town!

I will attach them on the forum shortly.

Richard

Richard L. Wynn
Director - Deal Analytics

RSM US LLP
300 S. Tryon Street, Suite 1500, Charlotte, NC 28202
D: 704.442.3825 M: 704.778.1178 I E: Richard.Wynn@rsmus.com I W: www.rsmus.com
[cid:image001.png@01D50A46.26EF1990] [cid:image002.jpg@01D50A46.26EF1990] [cid:image003.png@01D50A46.26EF1990] [cid:image004.jpg@01D50A46.26EF1990]

[cid:image005.jpg@01D50A46.26EF1990]

NOTICE: This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of RSM US LLP or any of its affiliates (RSM US). If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you for your cooperation.

Any advice or information in the body of this email is subject to, and limited by, the terms in the applicable engagement letter or statement of work, including provisions regarding tax advice. RSM US is not responsible for, and no person should rely upon, any advice or information in the body of this email unless such advice or information relates to services contemplated by an engagement letter or statement of work in effect between such person and RSM US.
OperaNole
5 - Atom

Here you go.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@OperaNole  Here's what it looks like for me when I run your workflow, yours looks different?:

screenshot.png

OperaNole
5 - Atom

It runs great, but the images are low-res.    If I size them at all they look like **bleep**.

I was wondering if there was a way to set the resolution on the image output....

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@OperaNole  Perhaps your resolution in the Render tool is misconfigured? Try changing to 1x...

render.PNG

mark_oshea
7 - Meteor

My first attempt at making a Python tool:

Window Calculations!

It takes in 2 main inputs, Window Type (Rolling or Expanding) and Window Calculation (Min, Max, Sum, Avg, St. Dev). I had been creating macros for these tasks in the past, so I thought a nice flexible tool would speed things up a bit.

If anyone has any suggestions for different calculations or other window parameters, I would love to hear what you think.

WindowCac.png