Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
BethN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In my last blog I told you how universities can profile existing successful students and leverage those profiles to recruit students who exhibit similar characteristics, giving you the ability to target each student segment appropriately, with the right message and the right medium.

Analytics and Higher EducationA second higher education use case is student retention. As with determining the right university fit for a given student, each also has individual needs to help them succeed while in university. Whether a full-time or a part-time student, financial restraints never stop, and neither do classroom demands. Some students may need additional financial aid as they progress through programs, tutoring, housing assistance, etc.

Universities can leverage classroom engagement data, on-campus activity data, academic performance and well-being data, to better understand which students are likely to withdraw or drop out of a class, a program, or the university as a whole. This insight into retention patterns offers an opportunity to intervene before it’s too late, keeping more students enrolled in your institution for the long term.

Download our new white paper, “Faster Insights for Higher-Ed with Data Blending”, to learn how you can leverage your university’s data sources to better understand student retention patterns and uncover which students stay, which ones leave, and why.

Stay tuned for next week's blog, where I'll discuss how Alumni departments use Alteryx to improve their fundraising campaigns.

Comments