How To: Modify Gallery Session Timeout
This article shows how to modify the session timeout for the Gallery. A session timeout specifies the number of minutes that a Gallery session can remain idle (inactive) before the session will be terminated. The default session timeout value is 60 minutes. When the session timeout occurs the user will be returned to the Sign In page:
Note: This setting applies to Built-in or SAML authentication only.When using Integrated Windows authentication Alteryx does not enforce a session timeout as the user has a valid Windows session.
- Alteryx Server
- Authentication Type: Built-in or SAML
If you have a multi-machine Server environment, the following steps should be performed on the Gallery node(s) only.
- Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to %PROGRAMDATA%\Alteryx\.
- Create a backup of the RuntimeSettings.xml file.
- Open the RuntimeSettings.xml file in an editor and add the following line in the Gallery section:
Example RuntimeSettings.xml file with a 20 minute session timeout.
- Save the file and restart the AlteryxService.