Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

"Error during network call"

Matthew
11 - Bolide

hello, i accidentally removed a gallery from my alteryx designer and i am trying to re-add it.

i'm set up as a curator on this gallery, but when i try to add the gallery to the designer, i get this error:

NothingButThyme_0-1632158116670.png

it's odd, because alteryx recognises the gallery, and it's able to fetch my network name from the gallery, but i cant add the gallery to the alteryx designer..

i had access on Friday.. and no one else is experiencing this issue

does anyone know what's going on?

19 REPLIES 19
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello @Matthew 

Have you tried to clean cache browser?

Carlos A Teixeira
Matthew
11 - Bolide

Hi @carlosteixeira  is there a cache in the alteryx designer client? i'm not having any problems accessing the gallery in my browser, i just can't connect to that gallery in the alteryx designer application

NothingButThyme_0-1632158706913.png

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Matthew, Don't have it directly on the designer, but in some cases, weird, just clean cache browse to solve some issues.

Are you able to access this using another machine?

What's the version of alteryx designer?

Carlos A Teixeira
Matthew
11 - Bolide

@carlosteixeira 

i just cleaned my cach in Chrome, but that didn't help, and i can still access the gallery using chrome.

i dont have another machine to test on. My colleagues are able to connect to this gallery without any problems though

i'm using version 2021.3.1.47945

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Matthew What's the type of authentication are you using? do you know?

Carlos A Teixeira
Matthew
11 - Bolide

@carlosteixeira my organisation uses windows authentication

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Matthew I take a look at the community and I found this post talking about something Loop Back policy

Take a look:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Add-a-gallery-on-Alteryx-server-Could-no...

Carlos A Teixeira
Matthew
11 - Bolide

Hi @carlosteixeira, i dont think that solution applies, that discussion is about trying to allow the server computer to loop back and point to itself as the gallery location

my installation of alteryx is on my laptop, the server is located somewhere else

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Matthew I'm having the same issue. My designer is version 2021.3.1.47945 (non-admin) as well, and my server is 2021.2.1.35394. I also have designer 2021.2.1.35394 (admin) and that one worked without any problems.