Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Workflow Performance Profiling - Log Results

stapuff
9 - Comet

I am looking to log the results of a workflow with performance profiling enabled. 

I see the option to manually download it.

I there any options to automate the results to a yxdb or something similar?

Thanks,

Puff

6 REPLIES 6
Radha
6 - Meteoroid

Built in function in formula tool - [Engine.WorkflowFileName] will help you to create a log and then u can write it to Database or wherever needed

stapuff
9 - Comet

I appreciate the response back. I will take a look at it and let know what I find. 

Puff

revathi
8 - Asteroid

@Radha When we used this functionality, it only returns the workflow name provided the workflow is saved. Could you please share a sample workflow/configuration of formula tool - on how  you were able to obtain the Logs from the workflow ? 

c-lopez
Alteryx
Alteryx

Additionally to the answers above you can be a bit more granular with the analysis. If you want to run a thorough summation of your  individual workflows and of server as a whole I recommend the 'Alteryx Usage Report' workflow. This is what the output of it looks like

If you choose Tableau as an output

c-lopez_2-1593204702938.png

or if you choose PDF as an output

c-lopez_3-1593204768870.png

the workflow is available for download on the Alteryx downloads page under Server

c-lopez_1-1593204550118.png

You will need the server MongoDB credentials which can be found on the 'Alteryx System Settings' on the machine which has Server installed

c-lopez_0-1593204400159.png

Once you have this info open the workflow on Designer and enjoy 🙂

c-lopez_4-1593204843842.png

stapuff
9 - Comet

@c-lopez 

My system was set up to use SQLite and not Mongo.

Thanks,

Puff

Gustavoabc
6 - Meteoroid

Hello. good afternoon.

It would be possible to generate a log in the workflow published in the gallery, for performance profiling. I need to identify the time of each workflow process.

Thanks!