Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Upload Multiple files to Gallery

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid
I am looking for some advice, I need to develop a workflow that read multiple files at the same time, the developer configured the tool with a zip file in designer but it happens that the Gallery does not support zip files, I know from experience that the wild card can be used for this purpose but this just work if the server have the permissions to read the specific location (at least in my company it need the permissions), which makes it a little complex when we are expecting several users running the workflow.

My question is... you know another way to read multiple files with the same schema at the same time in the Gallery.
4 REPLIES 4
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Have you tried the dynamic input?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@adrilarotta wrote:
this just work if the server have the permissions to read the specific location (at least in my company it need the permissions), which makes it a little complex when we are expecting several users running the workflow.

As per my experience without alteryx server having access to the location it wont be able to read the files.

adrilarotta
8 - Asteroid

Hi @dougperez ,

I have tried Dynamic input to read multiple Sheets within a file but not to read multiple files in one location... do you have any idea of how can Dynamic Input can be applied to upload multiple files with the same schema?

dougperez
12 - Quasar

Use a directory tool to list all files, then conect to a dynamic input (choose the update file path option)

I cannot post a example now, my computer is restarting hahaha