Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to restore Alteryx mongoDB backup

NaveenNaidu
5 - Atom

I am trying to restore Alteryx backup using the command

./AlteryxService emongorestore=D:\MongoDB_BACKUP,D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Persistence\MongoDB_TEST

But it is throwing an error

EmongoRestore Failed:

you must specify a path

it is 11.3 version.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Naveen

5 REPLIES 5
MarcSchonwandt
7 - Meteor

Could you verify that the backup exists on the path specified? Could it be an issue with relative/absolute file paths? Fingers crossed Naveen.

srajapandian
8 - Asteroid

Any update to this .

Facing the same issue. 

Appreciate any response to this

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @NaveenNaidu and @srajapandian 

I had this issue before and had to surround my paths in quotation marks, eg:

./AlteryxService emongorestore=D:\MongoDB_BACKUP,D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Persistence\MongoDB_TEST
to: 

./AlteryxService emongorestore="D:\MongoDB_BACKUP,D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Persistence\MongoDB_TEST"

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
asifk
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @TheOC 

I would just like to stress the importance of using the quotation marks, I had done a mongo restore and it seems to have been successful except the contents of my MongoDB path was blank and when starting up the Alteryx service and accessing Gallery, it was BLANK

I then restored the DB again but this time quoting both paths and it had taken longer than the first attempt. Once starting up Alteryx, everything was as it was and my schedules and WFs appeared.

Thank you TheOC

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi @NaveenNaidu , 

Open Command Prompt as a administrator => Navigate into alteryx Instllation directory using CD command (Default=C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\) => Enter the below command

AlteryxService.exe emongorestore="D:\MongoDB_BACKUP","D:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Persistence\MongoDB_TEST"

Regards, 

Ariharan.R