Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Schedule from the Gallery | Alteryx 11.0

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Any idea why an Artisan would see this error when trying to schedule his/her own workflow?

("The owner of this schedule does not have access to the workflow being scheduled")

error.png

31 REPLIES 31
BlytheE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Coxta45,

Has the curator of the Gallery enabled users to scheduler worklfows?

Capture.PNG

Source: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Schedule-from-the-Gallery-Alteryx-11-0/ta-p/...

Thanks!

Blythe

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@BlytheE, yes we have.  I also started getting this error today.  I am a curator in the Gallery, have enabled the option that mentioned, and also am the author of this workflow...

"The current settings of this workflow prevent it from being scheduled"  

- I have tried every combination of workflow settings, but it always reverts to "Safe" mode even after I select "Unrestricted"

Capture.JPG

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Hi @blytheE I'm experiencing an issue where users are enabled to Schedule workflows, however when I click back in the non-Admin gallery section, the Schedule button is not even visible to the user.

The Gallery has been confirmed upgraded to 11.0 (or else I'm assuming I wouldn't even have had the Radio button option)

Any idea on how to resolve?

BlytheE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @aMac,

I have moved teams and am no longer in support. I would recommend emailing your question to support@alteryx.com and an available rep will be assigned your ticket. They have more resources available to them to help you with your question.

Thanks!

Blythe

gerconn
7 - Meteor

Did you find out the cause of this issue? I have a handful of users with this problem but only on certain workflows.

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Hey gerconn, unfortunately we have not figured it out. Alteryx support has been super helpful and thorough, but we had to move on for a hot minute and we haven't been able to figure out what the issue may be.

rdoptis
11 - Bolide

While I cannot offer a solution, we too are facing this same issue with our Alteryx Server (Version 11.0.6.28907). While working alongside support, it would be great to hear from the community if anyone has any ideas!

Best regards,

Ryan 

gerconn
7 - Meteor

Can someone from Alteryx support at least explain why this error would be displayed? If I can understand the logic as to why this error appears, then I may be able to pinpoint the issue. 

We can no longer schedule from the Gallery due to this issue and the users are not impressed. 

weelin
5 - Atom

I get exactly the same issue.  I upgraded our server to 11 yesterday and in admin settings can see the option to grant users the ability to schedule workflows, which proves that 11.0 HAS been installed.  However, we do not see the option of Scheduling a workflow from the gallery when we go into a workflow at all.

There seem to be inconsistencies in the 11.0 experience, because a client we installed 11.0 for CAN see the Schedule Workflow option from Gallery but CAN'T see the Permissions and Notifications options as Gallery Admin.