Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Running VBA macro on server using Run Command

Lfriedman
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that copies and pastes a template on a network directory and then runs the macro inside the template. The workflow works perfectly in designer, however when I upload it to the server it just continuously spins. I think it has to do with the fact that the workflow is creating the .exe file on my local computer and the server does not have access to it. I tried copying the .exe file to the network, but that didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have attached a picture of the configuration of run command widget.

1 REPLY 1
iamdata
8 - Asteroid

I have a similar problem, I can’t get server to finish a bat, in 2 instances.  Sorry to hijack with no solution.

1running bat to movie files from 2 drives with xcopy, I figured the server user id is active at that time not my LAN id, meaning it doesn’t have permission.

2opening an xlsb then resaving as xlsx, have you seen the nonsense from using xlsb.

if I find the answer I will post back here.