Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Queue full even after server reboot?

Bargeton
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I've deployed a workflow, with a run command, which seems never end... as after more than 30min it continue to be flaggued as running even if it seems doing nothing.

Going into admin part, and then in jobs, display nothing :

- I have the table with it's header, but inside, nothing

- whereas in another environement (another server), going to the jobs page displayed "There are no previous results." inside the table.

So... I decide to delete my workflow from "my workspace".

Deploy it again (a new version) from my desginer.

Here.. it never vaildate it (designer saying it take too much time).

On the galery, I can see that the validation is waiting into the queue.

I try to run it... it put into the queue, but nothing more.

I try to fully reboot my server... same all is stack into the queue and nothing is done.

Is there something to do to unblock the queue on the server?

Maybe a "pid" file had been creating somewhere, and the alteryx server still think someting is currently executing because of the existence of this file.

Regards,

Alex

1 REPLY 1
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Bargeton, there could be many reason for why a job is stuck on the running state. Since you saw the error while saving the workflow, during the validation step, my guess is that you might have some misconfiguration regarding the engine. If you are not using AMP:

1. Make sure you do not have AMP enabled in the workflow.
  2. Make sure the option Enable AMP is unchecked in System Settings
  3. Make sure the dropdown Engine is set to Original Engine Only in System Settings

gabrielvilella_1-1675365131000.pnggabrielvilella_2-1675365191571.png