Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Issues to upgrade Alteryx Server version 2019 to 2020

hbustavino30
5 - Atom

Hello,

A few weeks ago we tried to update our version of alteryx server 2019.3 to 2020.2 but we had several issues:

1. Some workflows were published successfully but did not appear in the private studio.
  2. Most of the collections were corrupt and could not be accessed.
  3. Users with permissions to share collections could not see the option.
  4. Users with viewer role lost access to the gallery and we couldn't change them to member because they disappeared from users.
  5. Authentication error when trying to enter the gallery. We use Windows authentication.
  6. In the private studio the images of the workflows were not seen.

We contacted support but we could only resolve point 1 by indexing mongo.

Then we follow a step by step that we found in the community renaming the UserIdentitys table (removing the S) but it did not work either, in the end we did rollback

Please let me know if anyone had these issues and was able to resolve them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

My guess from the looks of it is that you had a bad upgrade where the mongo didn't get fully upgraded. Did you look at the versions table to make sure that the schema version was updated to 28 per this: https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/mongodb-schema-reference

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
epilady
7 - Meteor

I am having similar issues.  Private Studios don't show, curators can not access admin window.  After upgrade ran, system settings had no persistence data folder specified and DBRoot in runtime settings had be set to default.  note: the mongoDB to be migrated resides outside of the MongoDB_4_0 folder

hbustavino30
5 - Atom

Hello Joshua, thanks for your answer. We do not verify this, but we could do the upgrade again. The currently mongo version is 3.4

epilady
7 - Meteor

You stated you are running 2019.3, Mongo 4.0 should be in use instead of version 3.4.  Either you are on an earlier version of the server, or the Mongo upgrade has not been applied

epilady
7 - Meteor

I have verified the version table has an entry for version 28