Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

HELP PLEASE, Server Omits Data and Layout from Rendered Excel File

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this. My project is intended to output several sheets of data to a single excel file, each sheet of which has a simple layout. On the top, a summary report. On the bottom, the detail table. When I run this analytic app from Developer, it works perfectly. When I run it from Server, the summary portion drops out. I only see in the final excel files black cells with no data in them. See the attached App and its outputs.

To run this, all that you would need to change is to change the network address in Formula (2). 

I hope to hear from someone!

Thanks,

Shen-Tat

6 REPLIES 6
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

I think you discovered a bug. I ran. your workflow with version 2019.4 and the output didn't black-out those 2 top rows, but when I tested in v2021.2, I get the same result you're describing.

Not sure if the latest, 2021.3, has any difference, but I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Support@alteryx.com.

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

Will do. Thanks for taking time to test this,

S

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

This is not a color issue. This is a DATA and color issue. I will correct for the bgcolor, however, the data are not rendering out of the tool. Do you know a resource for this?

CristianoJ
Alteryx
Alteryx

This issue, DE33649, got fixed in the 2021.3 release as per the release notes at this link:

https://help.alteryx.com/release-notes/designer/designer-20213-release-notes

Shen-Tat
7 - Meteor

This is NOT a bg color issue. The data (if you look at the workflow I uploaded) do not pass through to the output file. Perhaps someone, other than the first person, who saw the relevant issue, can see this? I do not know how to more clearly paraphrase this. I don't care about the color. I care about the summary data, which is not printing on the output.