Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Errors with reading multiple files from a folder - Alteryx Gallery

JinoGeorge
7 - Meteor

Requirement is to read multiple .dbf files from a folder and create trial balance report, the write to an excel sheet. This needs to be published in the Alteryx Gallery and users should be able to point the folder which contains the .dbf files and gallery should be able to perform the rest and provide the output. I have done this in my local with folder browse and directory tools and getting errors while saving it in my local studio. I have read, folder browse and directory tools are not supported in gallery and tried some other options. All ended up in vain. 

Can someone help me here please with a solution which will work in gallery? I have tried as per the solution https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Problem-loading-app-Unknown-error-Type... . But unfortunately it didn't work out for me. 
I am attaching the app and two input files here. (Original app was bigger, so I deleted few steps to focus on the multiple files reading part)

Received the below error while saving the app in my private gallery

JinoGeorge_0-1679633710137.png

And the below message while trying to run in private gallery

JinoGeorge_1-1679633782025.png

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JinoGeorge ,

Here I`m talking exactly about this limitation. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/How-to-insert-path-to-Alteryx-gallery/td...

In summary, you have to use a shared folder which both you and the server have access to. From the print screen you shared, I can see the Gallery is trying to reach a file in your desktop which is not possible.

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!