Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error when saving workflow with Dynamic Input tool to Alteryx Server

brucks
7 - Meteor

I have created an Alteryx workflow that uses the Dynamic Input tool to modify parameters from a SQL Server Stored Procedure (basically allows me to update date parameters every time the workflow is run so that the date passed to the stored proc to tomorrow and two days from tomorrow).  Works fine when I run the workflow in Designer, but when I go to save it to our Gallery I get the attached error message.  I am calling three different stored procs in my workflow and I get an error message for all three of the Dynamic Input tools that I am calling the stored procs from.  I do have both standard connections as well as In-DB settings configured on my local machine as well as on Alteryx Server.  Any ideas that I should try?  Thanks in advance.Workflow Error.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Irrespective of the error have you tried actually running the workflow from the server? I know in theory it should retrieve the same error but that doesn't always translate to practice. 

This would be the first thing I would check.

Presuming you still get the error I would be checking the connection names to ensure the server machine can make the connection to the DB; but you've mentioned this shouldn't be an issue, I would always double check.

After that, not too sure where to point you!

Ben

brucks
7 - Meteor

I get the same errors when I run it on Alteryx Server, i should have added that to my original post.  Now I did have to create two of these inputs using an OLE DB connection to be able to run the stored procs, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This is probably the cause of the issue. Are you the server administrator?

brucks
7 - Meteor

I am not, but it is beginning to feel like I ought to be!

What would the Admin need to do at this point that I cannot do (I am a Curator, but not an Admin)?

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would ask the gallery admin to follow the steps in this blog to set up your OLE DB connection: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Database-Connection-Share-Through-Gallery-Ad... and make sure it is shared with yourself.

You should them adjust your workflow so that it is configured to point at this data connection they have created on the server and republish.

This *should* work but please be aware I'm no expert in this area but I am learning!

Ralph.gif

Ben