Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error email is triggered by Tableau server issue, not Alteryx issue (workflow runs right)

csun1994
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow in our Batch server with error emails added in there. Recently, I'm receiving these emails intermittently - I see the dashboard correctly refreshed with the current day's timestamp, but the error email is still sent. The IT guy said this is a Tableau server issue - I don't have access to the Batch server, but he does and he said the workflow runs right every day with no error messages.

Was wondering how the error email logic can be adjusted to deal with the Tableau server issue. I'm not sure what the Tableau issue is, but am just trying to stop the emails from sending when though the workflow is run and the dashboard is refreshed correctly.

Appreciate any help.

1 REPLY 1
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @csun1994 ,

If the workflow runs on the Alteryx Server with no errors, you won`t receive an e-mail if it is only configured to be sent when the workflow has errors.

My best guess is that maybe there is an intermittent connection issue with the Tableau Server and the IT guy is manually running the workflow one more time when he gets the connection error.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino