Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Error Output - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

stant
5 - Atom

Hi,

I created a batch macro that extract data from a REST API and write the results avro files.  I tested it and worked on Designer on my local machine.  However, I get the following error when I publish and run it on Alteryx Server.  The file does contain correct data.  It is just giving me a false positive error.  Use AMP Engine and Engine Compatibility Mode are enabled on the macro and workflow.  I do not get the error if Use AMP Engine is disabled.  Any idea what could have cause this issue?  I've included screenshots of the error and batch macro.2022-09-15 14_54_50-TULDWALT02 - Remote Desktop Connection - __Remote.png2022-09-15 14_57_33-TULDWALT02 - Remote Desktop Connection - __Remote.png2022-09-15 14_51_30-TULDWALT02 - Remote Desktop Connection - __Remote.png  

10 REPLIES 10
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@stant 

Thank you for using the AMP Engine label. I will run this by our Developers, this is a new one. I'm not at all familiar with Avro files, are you able to try it with another file type to see if it is not specific to Avro - it may just be related to the REST API extract. I'd like to narrow it down a bit if possible.  If our Developers cannot determine anything from this information, I will get back to you and ask you to go through Support so that they can help troubleshoot and then escalate it to us with a workflow to reliably reproduce the issue. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
stant
5 - Atom

@TonyaS

The same issue happens with csv format.  I ran the macro 1,000 on my local machine and not getting the error.

StanT

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Engine Developers did not know what the issue could be. Would you mind going through Support? 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@stant 
If you have not already submitted this to Support, please mention both this post and "Engine" when you do.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@stant 
Is E: a mapped letter drive or a direct drive?  I'm not sure why AMP would matter if it's mapped, but I just thought I'd ask.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
PPillai
7 - Meteor

I am also having similar issue when trying to use the Download tool to write the output file to Azure Storage Area. When the AMP engine is enabled I am getting the error in Server, but not when AMP engine is disabled.

The Alteryx Designer and Server versions we are using is 2022.3.

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

The issue is fixed in 2023.2. I was wondering if you could share your workflow with us. It will help us verify the fix. 

PPillai
7 - Meteor

I am attaching the workflow file. Please note that I had to remove our Azure storage location from the workflow due to security.

nbondarchuk
Alteryx
Alteryx

This issue was fixed for Download tool as well and the fix will be included in the 2023.2 Release.