Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Differing Table Tool Output in Designer and Gallery

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hello together,

I ran into a problem when executing my WF on the Gallery. The table rendered to a .xlsx/.pdf carries different values on the Designer vs. the Gallery. 

Local WF:

FrederikE_0-1660549178514.png

On Gallery:

FrederikE_1-1660549190846.png

As you can see, the values are messed up and do not show the actual value when executed on Gallery. 

The input into the table tool are double values and are rounded by 0.01 (mentioning this bc. the values seem to cut off a few places and round it then). 

I am doing the same thing for five other tables and they work perfectly fine, this is the only troubling one. 

I know that I could change it to a string that could solve this, but I'd prefer to input it as a numerical value. 

Can not add the WF in here. 

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@FrederikE , is this still an issue for you?  What version of Server and Designer are you on? 

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @FrederikE 

You could experience this issue because of the comma in the numeric field. 

I would replace the comma with a blank space (See below). After the formula tool, use a select tool to change the data type to a numeric data type.

replacechar.png

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post/mark it as a solution.

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Solved 

The issue that the Input was a .xls file and how that file is read in (comma vs. dot) depends on the computer locale. Since my PC is german but the server is english this caused the problem. Hard to troubleshoot...

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@FrederikE , glad that this is resolved for you. 

could you please mark this reply as a solutions so that we can cleanup/organize this thread?

That way others can benefit from our collaboration and your findings.

Thanks!