Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Critical Error: Failed to construct Gallery daemon process, process exited code <42949672>

ih7
5 - Atom

Hi everyone.

Today, since trying to configure SAML, and then having to switch it back to Built In, Alteryx Server has become v unstable - I recognise that in the settings it recommends not switching between authentication types, but I had to, as the SAML details I was provided with were incorrect.

I found in the logs 4 instances of the same critical error:

GalleryManager_InitDaemon_Error: Error <Failed to construct Gallery daemon process, process exited code <4294967295>>

The Alteryx Service in Task Manager cannot be manually started (I have administrator permissions).  Server Manager also shows multiple instances of the following error:

Error - Gallery Service failed to start in a timely fashion, exiting.

I have restarted the server multiple times, and rebooted the Windows Server, to no avail.

Some more details:

Server version = 2019.4

OS = Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Would be grateful for any assistance as I've hit a brick wall.

Many thanks, Ian

1 REPLY 1
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi Ian,

Is this a brand new install or an existing environment? If it is a brand new install I would recommend just Stopping the Alteryx Services, renaming the existing MongoDB instance (you can find it located in your Server Configuration Settings and the default is C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Persistence). This will allow you to start fresh and will remove the corruption issue. The bad news is if you have been using server for a while and attempted this it will put you in a tough spot. Have you been doing any server backups?

FYI 2019.4 is pretty stable so you are on a good version to be dealing with this.