Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Crew Macros not running on Alteryx Server

sbagley
5 - Atom

I know similar questions have been asked before, but none of their solutions worked for me so I wanted to see if anyone has new ideas.

A teammate and I have recently had the same problem with Crew Macros running on the server. It runs without an error in designer, and the original workflow (with the Crew Macros used) runs on Alteryx server without error as well. However when we upload the Crew Macros (I'm trying to use the Runner Macro), it "runs" without error but I have it set up to send me an email telling me if it fails or succeeds, and it always fails. My teammate had the same issue and resolved it by uninstalling and reinstalling Alteryx designer. I also uninstalled and reinstalled, but unfortunately that didn't resolve the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Does anyone have any advice for addressing it, or possible solutions? I'm a new Alteryx user and so I'm looking for any advice I can get.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelAd
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sbagley,

Thank you for your message.

The CReW Runner macros (Runner, Conditional Runner and List Runner) are the only CReW macros supported by Alteryx, but for Alteryx Designer ONLY. These macros are not supported when used on Alteryx Server or Alteryx Designer + Scheduler as per KB article https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CReW-Macro-Support/ta-p/465740.

Thanks.

Michael Adler
Sr. Customer Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.

pooja2020
5 - Atom

Does anyone know of anything like this that would be able to run on Server?