Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Cannot open workflows in Designer from a collection I own

matthew_foster
5 - Atom

I am an owner of a Collection where my team keeps all of our workflows and schedules.  From a web browser, I can access and see all workflows and can download them and open them.  However, from Designer, if I go to File > Open Workflow > Alteryx Server, I do not see any of my colleagues workflows.  This holds true for multiple Collections where I am the owner.  For collections where I am NOT the owner (but listed as an the AD user), I am able to see and open the workflows as desired.  

Is this normal behavior for the collection or are we missing some configuration on our Collections?  I attempted to add myself as an AD User to the Collections I am owner, but this was not allowed.

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @matthew_foster ,

That is not normal behaviour. You should have access to the same assets from both Designer and Server.

I have seen issues where a user has multiple accounts due to multiple domains or when the user also has an additional admin login, which can cause this kind of weird problems. Please verify both your Designer and Server to see if you have the same account on both and ask your Gallery admin to check if there are duplicated users on the Gallery.

Best,

Fernando V.

matthew_foster
5 - Atom

Thank you.  I will check with my server admin.  I do believe I have just 1 account, as I can see all of my own workflows and can see collection contents as desired as long as I am not the owner.  

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@matthew_foster this is actually a bug that was found in 2023.2, which had been fixed. Below is from the server release notes for that version. Ask your admin to apply the latest patch and hopefully that addresses this issue on your environment.

image.png