Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Automate Google Sheets Input/Output Workflow on Alteryx Server Failed

Good afternoon,

I created a workflow in Alteryx which load Google Sheets from G Suite into SQL Server. I used Google Sheets Input/Out Tool which can be found here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/google-sheets-input-tool .I downloaded the newest version which is v2.2.0

The Alteryx workflow works perfectly on my local machine. However when I scheduled it on Alteryx Server (Alteryx Gallery) it said: Tool #7: Google API: Retrieve Access Token (138): Tool #10: Error transferring data: SSL connect error

I guess the possible reason is that Alteryx Server failed to login to my working Google account. Is there way to get this fixed? For example, developer tool? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Sethmb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, 

I think it would be best to setup a call to troubleshoot the issue here. This could be cause by a few different things, and will require some testing to narrow down the root cause. I reached out via direct message, please let me know if you would like to setup a call. 

Thank you, 

PhilomathJ
5 - Atom

I'm actually having this same problem with my connection to Google Sheets working from the desktop but failing from the server.

Was this issue ever resolved? I'd love to find out.

Thanks

Sethmb
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, 

When you say it is failing from the server, are you running it in gallery/scheduler? or are you running in Designer on the server? You may want to check and see if you can run it locally on the server if not. Also if you can provide a screenshot of the error that would be helpful.

Thanks!

PhilomathJ
5 - Atom

Thanks for the fast reply. I have published my workflow to Alteryx Server 2020.1.6 into my own private gallery. From the web interface, I see my workflow in my gallery then click Run.

I get the error attached. Tool #10 & #20 are my Google Sheets Output.

Va28
5 - Atom

Is there a resolution of the above issue?