Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

AlteryxGui window not opening while running from Alteryx Gallery

AnjalyHaridas
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have been going through a lot of Alteryx community posts, but could find an answer/solution to my issue.

I have a workflow which does a visual comparison between two workflows. So basically a new Alteryx window pops up and shows the comparison between the two workflows.

Attaching the snip of the result,

AnjalyHaridas_0-1643986083275.jpeg

This works perfectly fine whenever I try to trigger from my local as well as from server. But when I publish this to the gallery this comparison doesn’t seem to work, i.e., the Alteryx designer doesn’t pop up showing the comparison. Is this happening because the gallery doesn’t support Alteryx Gui.  Please let me know why this issue is happening.

2 REPLIES 2
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @AnjalyHaridas 

I believe this feature is only to use with Alteryx Designer. Take a look on this document

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/How-to-Compare-Two-Workflows/ba-p/840936

carlosteixeira_0-1643988758976.png

Best Regards

Carlos A Teixeira
AnjalyHaridas
5 - Atom

Thanks @Carlosteixeria for the response. Went through the document and the one mentioned there is about the comparison functionality available inside the Alteryx designer. But the approach we used is ‘AlteryxGUI.exe’. Please find the snip of the same,

AnjalyHaridas_0-1644209612681.jpeg

This works fine when executing it using the Alteryx Designer, but while uploading the same workflow to the gallery and triggering the workflow it runs successfully, but the Alteryx comparison (the expected output) window doesn’t pop up. Is there any other approach available or is it a Gallery limitation.