Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server - Why to Upgrade

Gopinath
6 - Meteoroid

Team,

We have Alteryx designer license alone, and i would like to understand why and what scenario i need to upgrade/get Alteryx Server and can you please list out the capability i enjoy with Server which is not possible/available in Alteryx Server.

Regards,

Gopi

3 REPLIES 3
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Gopinath 

Great question. There are many reasons to bring in Server, including:

• The ability to schedule and automate your workflows.
  • The ability to share your workflows and analytical apps across your organisation, including to users who do not have a Designer license.
  • The ability to centralise analytical processes in a secure and managed environment.
  • The ability to scale up and scale out Alteryx across an organisation in a managed and governed way.
  • Access to the Gallery API and SDK.

You might find the below whitepaper on Five Reasons to Upgrade to Alteryx Server interesting:

https://pages.alteryx.com/FiveReasonsToUpgrade_LP.html?_ga=2.162349044.937326193.1556821628-98982518...

If you have any questions just let me know.

-----
If I've solved your problem please consider marking this solution as accepted. Thank you!

Gopinath
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks  much  @jamielaird  !!!

Gopinath
6 - Meteoroid

@jamielaird

Thanks !!

This is another question - how do you compare Alteryx with any exiting ETL market leaders  like Talend. How Alteryx is different and what makes it to stand out.