Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server - Gallery Authentication Error

prasannaraut
7 - Meteor

I have been learning about Alteryx Server by using the Alteryx Server Learning Path. While doing the hands-on exercises, I have run into an issue while creating a server on an Oracle VM VirtualBox windows virtual machine. I am using the following VM: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/downloads/virtual-machines/ 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

prasannaraut_0-1623948225490.png

2 REPLIES 2
KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

@prasannaraut if this is just for learning, then I would suggest using the Built-in authentication. I believe with Integrated Windows authentication it is looking for a valid user on anActive Directory domain which I suspect it can't find or has insufficient permissions. When you begin typing the username you should see it list domain users (<domain>\<user>). In your screenshot, all I see is 'GEO' with no domain so it does not look like a valid Windows user.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I agree with @KOBoyle While you are just learning there are other things that are more important to learn. If you want to enable AD integration then do it as part of your work. You may never use that 😉 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks