Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery Notification Placeholders

alexvornsand
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm looking to customize an email message that is sent by the Alteryx Gallery when a new account is created, but the placeholders aren't working. Is this functionality deprecated?

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @alexvornsand how are you?

So, what's the error?

Thanks

Carlos A Teixeira
alexvornsand
7 - Meteor

In short, many of the notifications use placeholders like [[Gallery Name]]. I've run into several issues. First, when engaging with the [P] button to insert placeholders, there is no list that populates -- just a freeform field where I can type in a placeholder. Next, there doesn't seem to be any external index of placeholders. Finally, when I try to invoke a placeholder that I know exists, it doesn't populate with information in the notification -- it just treats the placeholder as literal: [[First Name]]. 

The biggest problem seems to be that there isn't a way to connect the placeholder to the piece of information that it ties to. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

Has anyone found a list of Placeholder variables that can be used in Notifications? We tested using other placeholders from different notifications but they appear to be tied to the specific notification. I want to change the Collections Shared with Users to come from myself and not the "Collection Owner". This used to not be the case. We are currently on Server 2021.3.2. Very frustrating. 

mmichaelson
7 - Meteor

I'm also interested this.  I recently began putting together a list of best practices for administering our server and stumbled upon this feature.  Having a list of placeholders and more information on the Notifications feature would be huge, especially once we start leveraging Collections more and users begin sharing content with others.