We are in the final days to enter our Data and Analytics - "What's your why?" raffle with SparkED!

Reply with your "why" in text/video format to our forum post by January 28 to be entered! 

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery Notification Placeholders

alexvornsand
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm looking to customize an email message that is sent by the Alteryx Gallery when a new account is created, but the placeholders aren't working. Is this functionality deprecated?

Alex

2 REPLIES 2
carlosteixeira
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @alexvornsand how are you?

So, what's the error?

Thanks

alexvornsand
7 - Meteor

In short, many of the notifications use placeholders like [[Gallery Name]]. I've run into several issues. First, when engaging with the [P] button to insert placeholders, there is no list that populates -- just a freeform field where I can type in a placeholder. Next, there doesn't seem to be any external index of placeholders. Finally, when I try to invoke a placeholder that I know exists, it doesn't populate with information in the notification -- it just treats the placeholder as literal: [[First Name]]. 

The biggest problem seems to be that there isn't a way to connect the placeholder to the piece of information that it ties to. Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!