Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery API: Executing Second of Chained Apps

zsims
6 - Meteoroid

So I have a Python script I'm using to execute apps via the Alteryx Gallery API. I've been successful executing several apps, however, I'm running into some issues when trying to execute chained apps. 

I'm able to execute the first of my chained apps successfully. When I do, I am able to get the corresponding Job ID and Output IDs. However, I'm not able to do anything from here. For context, when I run these chained apps in Gallery UI, this second part of the chain has a question that allows me to select fields. I can see that field list as one of the outputs (field_list.yxdb) from my API call. However, I don't see a way to execute this, answer the corresponding questions, or really do anything from here. 

When I looked at the output for the Job ID, I did notice there was no App ID in the response. Not sure if that is expected or not, but thought I would mention it. 

I tried generating endpoints where my Job ID and/or Output ID were added to an endpoint with my App ID, however that just gave me errors. Pretty much stuck at this point and hoping anyone has suggestions for how I can kick off this second part of the chain. 

0 REPLIES 0