Start your journey with Alteryx Machine Learning - Take our Interactive Lesson today!

Alteryx Machine Learning Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Machine Learning.
Getting Started

Start your learning journey with Alteryx Machine Learning Interactive Lessons

Go to Lessons

Error in the Alteryx Forest Model

mazeenmuhammed
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,  there is an old workflow from 2021 that runs successfully most of the times on the server that's scheduled but at times it fails.

On downloading and running it in the desktop it fails always. The error that I see is in the forest model tool.

It says :

Error: Forest model: the input configuration is invalid. The connection only accepts a single input.

The target data incoming has 2 values that are 80:20 in ratio.

why am i facing this issue? Can someone help me solve this?

mazeenmuhammed_0-1663054673421.png

mazeenmuhammed_0-1663062331257.png

7 REPLIES 7

Hi, is it possible to share the workflow?

Or a screenshot on the tool setting?

mazeenmuhammed
5 - Atom

Updated the post with the  image

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

Tool setting itself looks ok, why do you need a Multi-Field Binning in front? Is that what you used to create the training testing split?

mazeenmuhammed
5 - Atom

Ignore that. I was just checking if i need to use binning on the age group or days so tried binning and without binning both ways it doesnt work.

LiuZhang
9 - Comet

RF tool should be quite easy to setup, and given the screenshot, I cannot see why it wouldn't run. Assume the data type are correct, do you want to attach another screenshot for Browse on the field used?

Have you tried to run it on different machine? As you mentioned it works mostly fine on the server.

JamieHankins
7 - Meteor

I've had the same error intermittedly.  Sometimes I can get it to wrong, sometimes not. 

I've had some luck with deleting the tool, closing and reopening alteryx, and then adding it again.

No idea what's causing it (I'm not even sure how to understand the error message?) 

nehakakar
6 - Meteoroid

Alteryx Forest Model tool occurs because the tool only accepts a single input, but your target data has two values in an 80:20 ratio. To fix this,

you need to consolidate the target data into a single input for the tool. Ensure that the tool's configuration and input data are set up correctly, and review any preprocessing steps before the Forest Model tool.