Alteryx IO Discussions

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

DEV_Harness and Alteryx UI rendering issue

Deepta
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to use Alteryx UI, but once I provide the 'designer-install' command, the tool simply has a blank for UI in the 'configuration' tab of the designer. Having this issue, I thought it would help if I ran dev-harness to debug the issue but after running into issues such as incompatible nodes during 'npm install' and chokidar locking resources during 'npm run start', which I was able to resolve to see a blank webpage. Please provide any possible solutions.

I've tried installations as mentioned in the custom tool Quickstart and have uninstalled all previous versions of node.

I've also tried deleting package-lock.json and node modules hoping 'npm install' would repair it but the issue persists. 

Alteryx version 2023.1.1.2

thumbnail_image002.png

thumbnail_image001.png

1 REPLY 1
Deepta
7 - Meteor

I was able to resolve it thanks to the steps mentioned here. To put it simply there is a node module incompatibility in my repo cloning so I had to delete it and clone it again which resolved all incompatible modules.