Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!
Check out our powerful new search update! You can read more here. Please let us know if you have any feedback by creating a topic here.

double-click from tool pallet

The following idea might not be as valuable as some of @SeanAdams posts, but it would save this user precious fractions of time.   When I leave the canvas with my mouse (point A) to go up to the pallet I select and drag the tool down to the canvas.  Sometimes I do right-click and go through the menus to add the next tool, but generally I go through that labor only when I'm inserting in-stream the tool.  So here is my idea:

Double-Click your NEXT tool and it "Alteryx-ly" appears on your canvas in proximity to the hi-lighted (last) tool.  Better yet, connect it!  Now I can move from the pallet to the configuration panel directly without having to move my mouse down to the canvas and then over to the configuration panel.

Hopefully, my friend @Hollingsworth will find this time-saving idea worthy of a star.  Speed demons like @NicoleJohnson and @BenMoss might not need this turbo boost, but at my age it is worth the ask.

Cheers,

Mark

3 Comments
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Very small enhancements like these could make a huge difference in workflow creation speed. Please adopt soon!
Asteroid

It would be interesting to know how you would like it to connect to a tool that has multiple outputs. Please elaborate 

Meteor

This can add some speed when developing workflows.