Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

strange behavior| Iterative macro config: auto config by name/position or all itteration

Charley
5 - Atom

Hi all I'm having this weird actions with my macro when I open interface designer and choose the macro to be auto config by name or position i get only 1 result but if I do the same selecting all itteration option instead then everything run smooth and I get my 600K+ line straight.

Could someone advise if I miss something here I have added a select tool to make sure the error wasn't caused by the size of my column but everything seems fine

see print screen below

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Charley 

Try to add a Browse tool after you macro in your workflow and run it again.

You should have all your results.

Cheers,

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Charley 

As @Thableaus correctly pointed out, you will need a downstream tool connected to your batch macro in order to see all your processed records.

This behaviour dates back to the pre-browse-everywhere era, when you needed a browse tool to see any outputs within the designer. Without a downstream tool connected, the batch macro stops after processing the first record.

Charley
5 - Atom

thanks work perfectly!

Labels