Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Writing to a specific cell in Excel

MarshaThompson
6 - Meteoroid

Please help.

I'm outputting a list of information to excel.   I want to add a total to a couple of column in the Excel Spreadsheet. 

What I thought I would need to do is output the data and then add the Totals (or a formula) to the appropriate specific cell in the Excel spreadsheet 

I've researched referencing a specific cell but what I see isn't working for me.   

Example =   I have a field with the file name "C:\Users\name\Documents\test.xlsx|||Sheet 1"   and I "Change Entire File Path" with this field.    It writes this out correctly.

But when I add the cell ref to it like this "C:\Users\name\Documents\test.xlsx|||Sheet 1$B2:B3" like I see in all the examples.....I just get another tab in the spreadsheet name "Sheet 1$B2:B3" instead of B2:B3 being updated on Sheet 1.

What do I have wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
rarmstrong
8 - Asteroid

Use the formula tool to create a field with your filepath. The formula should be: "C:\Users\name\Documents\test.xlsx|||'Sheet1$B2:B3'"

In the output, select 'Take File/Table Name From Field' and select 'Change Entire File Path'. Select the new field you created with your filepath in the dropdown

FilePath.PNG

FilePath2.PNG

MarshaThompson
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks.....my whole problem was I was missing the last single quote.    I already had that configuration but that missing single quote kept causing my excel spreadsheet to corrupt.  I really examined your response and saw the missing quote.

Thanks

tk123
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to output to a specific cell, but the document keep throwing this exception:

1.png

If I click yes, the value is not output to the specified cell (A2 rather than A3):

2.png

Here is the actual workflow and specified properties:

3.png

Chawnan
6 - Meteoroid

I have same concern. Have you got a resolution?

Labels