Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using the Analytic App along with Find Replace

lowlounger
5 - Atom

lowlounger_0-1628227703968.png

I'm trying to use an App as a way to cross compare between the account numbers in a General Ledger and the Trial balance. Then if some of the account number are missing → replace the empty account number with the account number from the trial balance. In excel it would basically just be a vlookup.

And I was reasonably successful running this without the analytic app. However, when I'm using the app I get this warning because there are no field names to populate the Find Replace function until a file has been processed. With the App connected, it doesn't retain the "missing" field names like the other functions like Select does. Any suggestions on how to work around this?

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @lowlounger 

Can you provide more details as to what is happening?  Analytic Apps can often show errors when open in Designer since the fields that they use are dependent on the input files which can change depending on what the user provides.  Does the workflow run correctly when launched as an Analytic App with proper user input?

Dan

lowlounger
5 - Atom

Hi Danilang,

lowlounger_0-1628269808239.png

Above is the error that I am getting.

In the previous image I highlighted the the area that I would typically select the fields I would like to append to the record. However, because the Fields have not yet been loaded (into the App), the Append Fields section is showing nothing to select.

On the first find and replace, I was able to force the fields to appear by using the Select tool. However, for the second find and replace I'm not able to do that. 

lowlounger
5 - Atom

Hey All,

Thanks for looking into this. I figured out I could split the workflow into two separate Analytic Apps and that solved my problem.

Labels